Some things just don't need to be over-complicated... like when it's hot outside you simply want a cool and refreshing treat. Look no further... I have put together some of my favorites for your enjoyment... and something the whole family will be bound to love!
* Full of antioxidants and vitamins!
- Grapes.... That is literally it! (I prefer using the purple ones because they are sweeter)
- pull the grapes off the stems, wash, dry and place in freezer-friendly tupperware or ziplock bag in the freezer.
- Once frozen you can enjoy them as a delicious and succulent treat!
Dark Chocolate Dipped Bananas
*Full of potassium, protein and antioxidants!
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 1 frozen banana (cut into chunks)
- chopped nuts, such as walnuts or peanuts (optional)
- 2 TB peanut butter (optional)
- cut up a banana into bite sized pieces and place in the freezer overnight
- line a freezer-safe container with wax paper
- melt the dark chocolate in a small cooking pot over low heat
- use a dollop of peanut butter to meld two pieces of banana together (optional step)
- Dip the frozen banana pieces into the melted dark chocolate one at a time
- set them in the container lined with wax paper
- Sprinkle the nut mix over the chocolate before it hardens (also optional, depending on personal preference, dietary restrictions, or allergies)
- place in the freezer and enjoy their decadent goodness once they are frozen!
* Full of vitamins, probiotics and protein!
- 1 cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of low fat or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix the orange juice, yogurt, honey and vanilla in a blender and blend together until smooth.
- Pour the mix into popsicle molds, filling each 3/4 of the way. (small dixie cups with popsicle sticks can work as well)
- Freeze the creamsicle in the freezer.
- Once frozen remove from the freezer and enjoy!
Now.... it is time to cool off, pick a favorite, and enjoy a wholesome treat!
Health is wealth!