Ingredients (*serves 4 people)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 medium-large zuchinni
- 1/2 cup shredded paresan cheese
- 1 ysp chili flakes
- 6-8 small-medium yukon potatoes
- 2 bunches green beans
- 4 TB milk
- 1 lemon
- 2 TB butter
- 4 TB olive oil
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into ½-inch cubes.
- Trim the ends off the green beans
- Medium-grate the zucchini and place into the center of a clean kitchen towel. Gather the corners of the towel and squeeze over the sink to remove excess moisture. Then season with saltand pepper.
- Pound the chicken: Place each chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet or large pan until ½-inch thick. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken: Toss the parmesan and a pinch of chili flakes (feel free to leave them out if you prefer) into the zucchini. Then, drizzle each chicken breast on all sides with 1 teaspoon olive oil and place them onto a baking sheet. Top each chicken breast with
a thick layer of the zucchini mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes, until just cooked through. * During the last 2 minutes of cooking, heat the broiler to high or oven to 500 degrees and broil for about 2 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Cook the potatoes and green beans: Meanwhile, place the potatoes into a large pot with a pinch of salt and enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, until fork-tender. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Remove the green beans with a slotted spoon. Drain the potatoes and return them to the same pot.
- Mash the potatoes: With a fork or potato masher, mash the potatoes with 4 Tablespoons milk and 2 Tablespoons butter until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Plate and serve: Cut the lemon into wedges. Serve the zucchini & parmesan-crusted chicken alongside the green beans and mashed potatoes. Squeeze over a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Health is Wealth!