These days it seems convenience and health don't always go hand-in-hand, so this easy and delicious recipe should give you a great option for healthy and quick snacks and breakfasts. For me personally having something crunchy makes a meal more satisfying, which is why granola is a wonderful topping to yogurt or paired with fruit. Try this recipe out and feel free to add some of your favorite mix-ins, like nuts or dried fruit.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup creamy nut butter (almond, peanut or sun butter)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 300 degrees
- lightly coat large baking sheet with coconut oil or baking spray
- place oats and all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine
- combine the nut butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Heat and stir until well combined.
- remove from heat and add vanilla
- add the almond butter mixture to the oat mixture and mix up to coat evenly.
- spread mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 10-20 minutes, until lightly toasted; stirring every 5 minutes.
- let cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Grab. Go. Enjoy!