I'm sure most of you probably know that it's girl scout cookie season. Do-si-does, Tagalongs, Samoas, and Thin Mints. It seems like there is a cookie for every type of person, but what about those of us who are trying to eat healthier? Those of us with diet restrictions? Those of us who don't want to spend a fortune for a small box of cookies? Don't worry, I've got you covered with these peanut butter and jelly cookies!
These cookies are not only delicious and adorable, but they're good for you too! They only use FIVE ingredients, take about 20 minutes to make, and they're gluten free. Girl scouts better step it up ;)
Gluten Free PB&J Cookies
Makes 2 dozen individual cookies or 12 sandwich cookies
- 1 1/4 peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar, coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 12 tsp jelly or jam of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix together all ingredients, except for jelly, until a thick dough forms.
- Roll dough into 24 even balls, about 2 tbs worth of dough per cookie.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and flatten with your fingers.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Top half of the cookies with about 1 tsp of jam each and sandwich with plain cookie.
Who needs girl scout cookies?