Spring is the season of rebirth, new beginnings, and cleaning house. Many of us find ourselves ridding our houses, offices and cars of useless clutter to restore some order and calm into our lives. Why not do the same with our bodies? Many people ask me what is the importance of seasonal cleansing, and why do it? I will tell you why, and hopefully it will shed some light on it for you if you have been wondering the same thing.
Just like our houses collect dust and clutter over time, so do our bodies. Especially in the winter months many people trend toward less activity and less exercise due to the downcast weather. While at the same time indulging in all the holiday festivities of food and alcohol that can further weigh us down and make us run sluggishly. Just like our home, it is important to "clean house" and de-clutter our immune systems as well in order to feel cleaner, lighter and stronger. What better time to do it than in the spring when the sun is out and and the produce is fresh?!
Signs Your Body Needs To "Clean House"
- feeling sluggish
- feeling stressed or overwhelmed
- feeling irritable
- difficulty concentrating
- have trouble getting going... or feel stuck in go and having trouble decompressing
- crave caffeine, sugar or other "uppers" to stay energized and motivated
- chronic fatigue
- joint pain
- bad breath
- acne breakouts or skin rashes
- trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up
- digestive issues or discomfort (such as: gas, bloating, constipation or IBS)
Potential Benefits of Cleansing
*varies for each person*
- increased energy
- increased concentration
- feel lighter and stronger
- ability to get motivated, or to de-stress without extending excess effort
- ditch the sweet tooth- find yourself craving fresh, healthy ingredients
- improved quality of sleep
- clear sinuses
- glowing skin
- cleaner breath
- detoxify and unburden all major organs
- clear out digestive system to run more efficiently
- boost immune system to ward off colds and viruses more effectively
- alleviate joint pain
- create harmony among your body's functions and systems
I truly believe you don't realize how bad you have been feeling until you truly experience what it feels like to feel good. Many people feel that they must accept whatever ailment they suffer from and carry on...you don't! Food based wholesome cleansing its nature's true medicine and you will be amazed at the benefits. It is my wish for everyone that they can feel their best and show up in the world the way that they want to. My 3 words to live by are health, happiness and vibrance... and listening to my body and giving it the proper fuel and care has been a key part of helping me achieve and maintain that ideal. I hope the same for each of you.
Good luck in your spring cleaning in whatever form you choose is best for you. I am always here to answer any questions and offer support.
Health is Wealth.