Spring is here and with is comes a revival of vibrant fruits and vegetables...YUM! Salads are one of my favorite foods to enjoy this time of year, especially as a healthy lunch. This recipe is a great one; it packs in flavor and protein with a nutrient dense combination of veggies, fruits, seeds and nuts all in one dish... all that wonderful goodness for your body and your taste buds. Give this tangy salad a try for yourself and see what you think!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 apple, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- handful fresh cilantro (optional if you like a spicy kick)
- 2 TB orange juice
- 1tsp honey
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sriracha (optional if you like a spicy kick)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions- about 15 minutes
- while the quinoa cooks, wash and chop up the rest of the ingredients
- let the quinoa cool while you prepare the the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- plate the salad and drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat evenly.
Eat up and enjoy!
Health is wealth!