I don't know about you, but strawberries are my absolute FAVORITE fruit, and its almost time for them to be in season again! I may have done a little happy dance when I saw that the strawberry stand by my house was open the other day ;)
In order to celebrate, I thought it would be appropriate to make a healthy strawberry dessert! These strawberry cheesecake bites are not only perfectly portioned, but they are also vegan, gluten free, and paleo. Perfect for any diet!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
For the crust:
- 1½ cup raw almonds
- 8-10 medjool dates
For the cheesecake:
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Drain and rinse the cashews. In a food processor, combine the dates and almonds. Slowly, a little at a time, add water until you see the mixture clump together. Once it looks like it's holding together, press a little bit into the bottom of each muffin cup. I used silicone muffin liners for these, but you can also use paper liners.
- Once all the crust is pressed into the muffin cups, place them in the fridge while you make the cheesecake part.
- In a food processor, combine all the cheesecake ingredients and blend until smooth. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into each muffin cup. Fill them to the top. Once you are done place them in the fridge to chill. They need a good 6 hours or so to set up pretty well. You can speed up the process by placing them in the freezer for a bit though. These can be stored in the fridge or freezer. Whichever you prefer. They should last a couple weeks in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer.
I absolutely love this recipe! It's decadent, yet refreshing. A great spring or summer dessert that you don't have to feel guilty about :)
Recipe Credit: My Whole Food Life