If you have a major sweet tooth like me, around 8 pm your healthy day of eating can often be ruined in about 15 minutes of grubbin' on some cookies. I've tried all the tricks. Snacking on fruit, brushing my teeth, drinking tea etc. But nothing beats fresh baked cookies, ice cream, and chocolate...
So instead of trying to avoid my cravings, I have come up with the recipe below to satisfy them! It's got chocolate, peanut butter and bananas all in one little package. I can eat one or two of these babies and be truly satisfied without ruining my diet or feeling deprived.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Makes 8 bites. Recipe can easily be doubled, I just only had 1/2 a banana on hand.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup or 4 tbs dark chocolate chips (can also sub a bar of chocolate)
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tbs powdered sugar (optional, this helps the peanut butter from softening too quickly at room temperature)
- Slice banana into coins and set aside. Prepare this many mini baking liners.
- Melt dark chocolate in a double broiler OR in the microwave. It only took me two 21 second intervals, with stirring in between, in order to fully melt my chocolate.
- Melt coconut oil and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Assemble by first adding about a tsp of chocolate to the bottom of each baking liner. Top each with a banana slice, peanut butter mixture and remaining chocolate.
- Freeze bites until completely set, about one hour.
Per bite: 71 calories 5g Fat, 7.5g Carbs & 1.5g Protein
Give these bites a try! They're guaranteed to kill any sweet tooth craving, just as long as you don't eat all of them ;)