Two ingredient pancakes. Sounds crazy right? But trust me, it works!
I don't know about you, but I feel like I never have time for a good breakfast. I'm constantly shoveling whatever food I can find into my face before I have to run out the door before work or school. Well I've found the solution! These pancakes only require TWO ingredients and take FIVE minutes to make. Just a banana and two eggs!
Mash them together and BAM pancake batter. Just make sure to cook them nice and low so they don't burn!
These pancakes come out kind of dark, but that's just because of the sugar content of the banana. Your pancakes aren't actually burning, I promise :)
I'm sure you could also add coconut flour or protein powder to make a thicker, more substantial batter. Cinnamon is also a great addition! Maybe chocolate chips or blueberries too? The options are endless!
Personally, I like to top my pancakes with peanut butter. No syrup necessary because the bananas are so sweet!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- Optional: peanut butter, chocolate chips, blueberries, coconut flour, protein powder etc. Whatever your heart desires!
- Mash banana with a fork until nice and smooth. A few chunks are okay.
- Add two eggs and beat with a fork.
- Heat a pan over low-medium heat and either spray with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease with your favorite oil (I recommend coconut oil due to its high smoke point)
- Spoon pancakes onto pan and wait until small bubbles begin forming.
- Flip pancakes and allow to cook for an additional minute or so.
- Plate pancakes, top with your desired toppings and enjoy!
As is, these pancakes are gluten free and paleo friendly! I'm sure they could even be made vegan with the substitution of a flax egg. Feel free to try it out and expiriment!