From Christmas lights to holiday music playing on every radio station, it seems like you just can't escape the holiday spirit. But why would you want to? I say breakfast should be no exception! Which is exactly why I decided to make these pancakes in the form of gingerbread men! Aren't they cute?
Pumpkin (Protein) Gingerbread-men Pancakes
This recipe can also be made in a traditional pancake shape. Gingerbread men just seemed more fun and festive ;)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 6 tbs egg white OR 2 whole eggs
- 1 scoop cinnamon protein (I used cellucor cinnamon swirl, but any protein powder would work. Different flours should work as well if you don't want "protein pancakes")
- 1 tbs flax seed meal
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Lightly grease a large skillet and gingerbread-men molds with cooking spray, butter, oil etc.
- Fill each mold with about 1/4 of pancake mixture.
- Add a few drops of water to the edges of the skillet and cover with a lid. This will allow the pancakes to steam and cook a bit faster, making them easier to flip and still hold their shape.
- After about 2 minutes, flip your gingerbread men and allow to cook for an additional minute or two.
- Serve with blueberry buttons and pumpkin spice eyes (optional, but highly recommended)
Nutrition: (Serves 1) 260 calories 3g fat, 17g carbs & 39g protein
This recipe is super easy to make, adorable AND good for you! The protein in these pancakes will easily keep you full until your next meal and give you plenty of energy to get through your day. I hope you enjoy and happy holidays :)