This time of year is full of baked goodies, which can make it hard to stick to your diet. Luckily for you, I have come up with a fun and festive holiday treat that is suitable for any diet! These santa hat brownies aren't just cute, they're also vegan, gluten free & bite sized so that you can treat yourself without going overboard.
Healthy Santa Hat Brownies
Makes about 24 bite-sized brownies
- 1 15 oz. can (~ 1 3/4 cups) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large flax eggs (2 tbs flax meal + 5 tbs water)
- 3 T coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups vegan white chocolate, I prefer King David brand
- 24 small strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease one mini-muffin pan.
- Prepare flax egg in the bowl of a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and puree - about 3 minutes - scraping down sides as needed.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a Tbsp or two of water and pulse again. It should be slightly less thick than chocolate frosting but nowhere close to runny.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tins and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- Bake for 20-26 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Use this time to hull and clean strawberries.
- Once cool, place strawberries upside down onto brownie bites.
- Melt white chocolate in a double broiler and pour into a piping bag.
- Pipe a ring around the base of each strawberry and a dot on the top.
And there you have it! A healthy and adorable treat for the holidays. Enjoy :)