Nothing screams the holidays like homemade bread. Unfortunately, for people that are paleo or gluten free often have to pass on these delicious breads. Luckily I have found a solution! This banana bread recipe uses coconut flour, making it not only gluten free and paleo, but it also has no refined sugar. Perfect for any type of diet, no one needs to feel left out :)
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 30-40 minutes. Serves 12. Can also be made vegan with suggested substitutions.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 Tbs honey (or maple syrup)*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature (or vegan egg substitute)*
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients (through eggs) until well combined.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate chips).
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing as you go. Mae sure there are no clumps of coconut flour! You may want to use a large fork to make sure to get all of the clumps out.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack before serving.
Per Slice: 117 calories 5g fat, 15g carbs & 3g protein
This recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack or even as a dessert! I personally enjoy a slice with a hot cup of tea and a bit more peanut butter smeared on top. Delicious!