Gluten free foods that actually taste good are often hard to come by and making them yourself can be just as difficult. This is especially true when it comes to baking! There are a multitude of gluten free flours and other substitutions, but replacing 1 cup of all purpose flour for 1 cup of coconut flour is NOT the same. Don't try it, you've been warned..
Let's just say there were a lot of attempts at making this waffle recipe and many, many failures. But I've finally perfected it!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffle For One
While this recipe only serves one, it can easily be multiplied to serve as many people as you wish.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbs melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 eggs
- 2 Tbs almond milk
- 2 Tbs pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter (or coconut oil) and add remaining wet ingredients to a small bowl.
- Slowly mix in wet ingredients with the dry.
- When waffle iron is heated up, add batter and spread it out evenly.
- Cook according to waffle iron's directions and remove when edges become crispy.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice!
I personally topped my waffle with some honey roasted almond slivers, pure maple syrup and a few pumpkin spice morsels. Yum!
Hopefully this recipe will help alleviate the trail and error that comes with gluten-free cooking. I hope you enjoy!